- Sitting a long time in a crowded waiting room?
- Embarrassment that you haven’t seen the dentist in a while?
- Fear that your procedure will be painful?
All of these thoughts and emotions surely are cause for concern, but we’d like you to know that we have designed our entire Saratoga, CA dental practice around compassionate dentistry.
You’ll be relieved and pleasantly surprised to find that you can really trust our empathy and consideration for your needs.
We define compassion as a combination of empathy and understanding.
Empathy that gives us greater information; the more information we have about you and your concerns the more likely we are to understand your unique needs and preferences. Understanding that every patient presents unique problems and concerns that require individualized approaches.
Unlike many practices that claim compassion, we actually have a CULTURE of compassion.
Drs. Goldberg and Owens – and their entire staff – have extensive training to see you and listen to you as a Whole Person – physically, mentally and emotionally. You will experience the rapport and trust that allows you to connect and communicate your concerns – and know you have been heard – with compassion.
By talking with you we can gain as much information as possible, and this will make your dental visit that much more pleasant. Look forward to a great smile and better functioning teeth, without anxiety!
You’ll always be treated as we would like our own family and ourselves to be treated.
We take our time and listen to you – as much time as you need to feel comfortable. You will find that we have a strong desire to alleviate your distress. And, we never scold.
We appreciate that you may be anxious or fearful and may have difficulty understanding why. We understand the importance of your anxiety and fear; and you can be assured that we are not going to reproduce the problem that originally caused that fear. We respect your dignity.
Special programs for dental fraidy cats.
We understand what a frightening experience a visit to the dentist can be. That’s why, together with a prominent psychologist, Dr. Goldberg examined fearful patient programs across the USA to find the best and most effective practices. From the best, Dr. Goldberg put together a unique program to help our patients overcome their fears and anxieties. Even patients who’ve avoided the dentist for years are now enjoying their visits!
We also offer unique dental phobia and fear management techniques:
- We are not going to recreate the problem that created that fear or anxiety
- Pain: We let you know what we can provide to provide significant pain control with gentle dental anesthesia and appropriate pain medication
- Gagging: We have quick setting impression materials that alleviate this
- Loss of control: We provide several techniques for you to feel in control, e.g., hand signals
- Significant dental anxiety reduction with behavioral therapy and, through the use of medication, nitrous oxide gas and dental sedation – when necessary
- Realistic treatment plans and schedules based upon your individual needs
We’ve compiled a series of helpful tips for your next visit to the dentist.